Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Guest Post From Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

I am so excited to guest posting for Ashley!  I am so happy for her to have her husband home!  I remember the day my sister's US Navy ship returned from the war in Iraq!  I might or might not have cried...and I definitely knocked people over when I spotted her in the crowd!

I have been racking my brain for something to blog about and I keep coming up blank.  Finally, I decided to share a little about my daily kindergarten routine!  I hope you find some inspiration or ideas from my post...or at least get a chuckle!

I thought about just talking all about myself... because I love me!  hehe I love my iPad...smelly markers...bright colors...laughing...sarcasm...clip art (I am addicted!) and GLITTER!  If it's sparkly, I am all over it!  But I thought I would at least give you something education related...

Anyone who walks by my classroom probably thinks it's chaos...but it's organized chaos...at least in my mind it is organized!

7:45-8:00 arrival with breakfast in the classroom (NOT A FAN!)
8:00-8:10-Journal writing (students write their name and date and draw a picture.  As the year progresses, we add in writing words and eventually sentences!)
8:10-8:30-Morning Meeting!  If you need morning meeting ideas, check out my blog!  I LOVE morning meeting.  A lot!
8:30-10:10  Literacy block

  • letters and sounds 
  • Poem (shared reading)
  • emergent reader (shared reading
  • sight words (even though they're considered bad in my school...yes sight words bad...yeah I know!  And I keep teaching them!  I am a rebel...or a trouble maker!)
  • read aloud/comprehension (I use a lot of thinking maps in my classroom!)
  • phonics/phonemic awareness (I love love love picture sorts!  I am THE KING OF PICTURE SORTS!  At least in my own special reality I am...)
  • guided reading/centers
10:10-11:10 Specials
11:10-11:45 Writing
11:45-12:15 lunch
12:15-12:45 calendar/restrooms (we do our calendar on our smart board!  Oh how I love my smartboard!)
12:45-1:15-recess
1:15-1:45 math-we use a balanced math approach so we do mental math, math review, mini lesson, independent practice, small groups and centers
1:45-2:15-Intervention
2:15-3:15-Math
3:15-3:35-afternoon meeting
3:35-clean up
3:40-dismissal

In the midst of all of this is music (we sing a lot and we rock out!), music, art, and fun!  My goal is to make our class as fun and engaging as possible!  

I would love for you to visit me over at my manly kindergarten blog!  It's chock full of sarcasm, snide remarks, snarkiness, ideas, freebies and lots of fun!  

Thanks for letting me hijack take over ambush be your guest blogger, Ashley!  






You can also visit me on Facebook, Pinterest, and TPT!  Click on my pictures (how cute am I?!) to visit me!



Kindergarten - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click the Like Button Below To Receive all updates via Facebook

Powered By Blogger Tricks |

Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget