Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Crusade For Safety 2014

I can't believe it's that time of the year again. This my third annual Crusade For Safety. Tomorrow is the 15 year anniversary since my life changed forever. I can't even believe it. 


Share this image and use the hashtag #crusadeforsafety


Driving safely is something so close to my heart and yet I've slipped up as a driver before. I've taken my eye off the road, looked at my phone, changed the radio, or talked to a passenger. I do this virtual "Crusade For Safety" to remind us ALL {even myself} to drive safely. I know better. I've lived it. I see it every day when I look in the mirror. My story is one that seems like it happened to someone else. For years, 14 in fact, I never remembered a single part of my accident. Only bits and pieces. It wasn't until last fall that I started to remember parts of it. I always *wanted* to remember, but now that I do, I wish I hadn't. Funny how life works that way. 

This is a very special time of the year for me, especially this year.   Two years ago I shared with you all a piece of my heart. A story that is so close to me that it's pretty much the reason I am the way I am today.

I became a teacher because of a few teachers who went above and beyond after my wreck. I became a saved christian because one in particular brought a bible to my hospital bedside. She told me that the scars that I was so upset over, didn't matter. That Jesus loved me unconditionally and would always be there for me. These wonderful people helped shape and mold me into the person I am today. During such a difficult time, these teachers helped me out when they didn't have to. I was out of school so much, they could have easily turned the other cheek. 

I wanted to share a few stats with you to encourage you to analyze how distracted you are when driving. If you have teenage drivers, please read my story. I encourage you to think about the ground rules for your teenagers. Consider having a rule about limiting so many passengers in the car. 



{Image Credit: distractu}




Please, friends, remember.....




Jimmy, I miss you every single day. It saddens me that you missed the opportunity to grow old, get married and have children. I know if you were here today, you would be one amazing man!Rest easy my sweet friend, I will share this message until the day I die <3 p="">






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click the Like Button Below To Receive all updates via Facebook

Powered By Blogger Tricks |

Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget